The vision behind this blog has to do with the title and the url. The title, "Footprints in the Clouds", is about my journey. It's about a calling to something that's almost impossible. A calling that some think is absolutely crazy. This leads me to the url "heart/for/the/east". There it is clear as day. I have a heart for the east. The Middle East if we're being frank. Actually it's a tiny nation located right smack in the middle of it all. Israel. To sum it all up, I have a calling to these people. Why me? Because I said, "Yes". It can't be that simple...can it? Yes, my friend, it is that simple. When the Maker of the universe holds out his hand to you, eyes twinkling, saying, "Wanna come on an adventure with me, for me?", you either take his hand or you don't. There is no in between. So, dear reader, do you want to come on an adventure with me? I'm sure you have many questions. I haven't even shared a tip of my heart with you. As time goes on I hope to reveal more to you about what I am learning and doing. For now, I'll leave you with a short story, for I can think of no better way to end the intro to this blog.
A while back, I was praying with a dear friend of mine. It was her turn to speak. I have to be honest and say I don't remember most of the prayer. If I think about it I can remember the highlights, but not every word. At the very end of the prayer, she said something that caused my heart to leap, my skin to tingle, and a deep groaning from within to sound only louder in the ears of my inner being. The simple words: "Yeshua (Jesus) come soon". I could feel the weight of her words on my soul. In her voice the longing, that was (and is) a reflection of my own. Something in my spirit welling up. I was literally gripping the seat I was sitting in trying not to come undone. Do you see it? Do you feel it? It's amazing. When was the last time I found myself longing for home? When did I cease to remember that I'm not home yet? Apparently, it's something I'm not meant to forget with those last words of my friend's prayer still resonating around my entire being. "Come soon."
No comments:
Post a Comment