Hello friends. I hope this blog post finds you well. Yes, by now we are into September. Schools have started, life has returned to a steady routine, and, hopefully, the weather will begin to cool with the passing of the days.
How are things on you're side of the pond? Glad you asked. Today has been "one of those days". No, I don't mean the kind where you're so busy and frustrated you just want to pull out your hair (or the person's hair next to you). I'm talking one of those days where a person can feel absolutely and extremely useless. I'm not saying that I'm one of those people that has to constantly be doing something; I rather enjoy a quiet afternoon with a book every once in a while. However, when I gear myself up for a day of productivity and the day doesn't follow like I'd envisioned...well, that's annoying.
You see, at the Kehila, we are gearing up for the holidays, which are fast approaching. With the holidays comes the need for humanitarian aid. So I spent yesterday helping to get bags of food ready for distribution. We got alot done yesterday. I returned to help today...only the work didn't take as long as it did yesterday. And then I sat for an hour and a half waiting to see if there was anything else I could do (I should be doing something-painting more trellises, stacking more boxes/bags, cleaning, sweating, nicking myself with a box cutter here, bruising my leg on a pallet there...you get the picture). Finally, I gave up and decided to take the bus back to my host home.
Ear buds blaring Matisyahu in my ears, marching-left right left right-down to the bus stop and waiting for the bus...and waiting and waiting. Seriously, I could be doing something and not sitting waiting for the bus...in the heat...with this old lady who thinks that she should take my seat so now I'm standing and waiting for the bus...in the heat. And then-Should you be doing something? Or should you be doing something? Oh. I recalled a few weeks ago when a friend of mine suggested (half kidding, half serious) that I should just take random buses and pray over the country, the city, the people. Okay. Okay. We'll start with bus 12. It's not random; it's the bus I have to take to get back to where I'm staying so I can't get too lost.
So, now I'm sitting on bus 12, watching people go in and out, watching students get on heading home from school. Sitting on bus 12, on an isle seat with no one next to me until a lady comes and asks me to scoot over even though there are other empty seats on the bus all by their lonesome. Sitting on bus 12, rolling passed shops and bus stops and the sea, wondering if I have missed my stop because I have no idea where I am. Sitting on bus 12, praying I haven't missed my stop because that would be awful. Sitting on bus 12, realizing my friend had told me bus 12 would take me home, and realizing I trust her so therefore I shouldn't freak. Sitting on bus 12, recognizing where I am and thanking the Lord for giving me peace, a good friend, and not letting me flip out. Sitting on bus 12, remembering what I've blogged in the past about needing to feel validated, when Yeshua just wants me to love people. Sitting on bus 12, people watching and praying (even praying for the lady next to me who is crowding me practically wanting me to notice to pray for her). Getting off bus 12 a stop early, just so I can walk and pray, pray and walk.
What does tomorrow hold? Of that I am not quite certain. But I do know that Yeshua is full of surprises. And maybe, just maybe, I'll have another date with him sometime soon on bus 12.
"The gates of hell will tremble when love becomes the anthem that we sing. Sickness will be silenced when this all-consuming power fills our streets, my love, so come quickly. When love comes to a nation, justice will bow. When love comes to a nation, all dividing walls will come crashing down. When hope shines in a nation, darkness will flee. When hope shines on a nation, every prisoner will be released. I am the sound, I have the voice. I am the movement, open the door. I am the sound, I have the voice. I am the movement, unlock my roar. I am Yeshua to this city. I am Yeshua to this nation, Yeshua to the world."-Unlock My Roar, Daniel Bashta
"The gates of hell will tremble when love becomes the anthem that we sing. Sickness will be silenced when this all-consuming power fills our streets, my love, so come quickly. When love comes to a nation, justice will bow. When love comes to a nation, all dividing walls will come crashing down. When hope shines in a nation, darkness will flee. When hope shines on a nation, every prisoner will be released. I am the sound, I have the voice. I am the movement, open the door. I am the sound, I have the voice. I am the movement, unlock my roar. I am Yeshua to this city. I am Yeshua to this nation, Yeshua to the world."-Unlock My Roar, Daniel Bashta
No comments:
Post a Comment