Thursday, June 14, 2012

You are Always

Sometimes...
Sometimes I'm like Abraham. I have the faith to move and believe when others do not. But sometimes, I am like Sarah. I laugh at the mere thought that God is birthing something new and good; it just takes Him a little longer than I'd like to accomplish it.
Sometimes...
Sometimes I'm like Joshua. I have seen the Promised Land. I have see the abundance that awaits me there. I have seen the giants and great strongholds of the enemy that lie within, but I will trust and believe. "As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." But sometimes, I'm like Gideon. God, I'm the smallest and weakest of my tribe. God, I cannot fight-I've no training in the ways of war. And then, when I finally agree to step out, I set out a fleece for him...several times. God are you sure? God did I hear you correctly? If you could just speak once more...
Sometimes...
Sometimes I am like the prophet Jeremiah. I weep for those who have not seen and heard. I long for them to know the Truth that has set me free. I weep for the destruction that will come if they do not turn their eyes towards Elohim. But sometimes, I am like Jonah. I'm a snot and I run away. They don't deserve it. And, God, I think you should just squash them like a bug.
Sometimes...
Sometimes I am like Mary. I sit at his feet in wide-eyed wonder as he tells me mysteries, and whispers tenderly to me. But sometimes, I am like Martha. I want it done in this order, at this time at this place. I'm working and Mary is sitting. Go figure.
Sometimes...
Sometimes I am John the disciple. I follow Him whereever he would go, even to the foot of the cross. But sometimes, I am Peter and Thomas rolled into one. I deny, not once or twice, but three times. I doubt, and just cannot believe it unless I see it right here in front of my face.
Sometimes...
Sometimes I'm an Ear that wants to be an Eye. I'm sick of listening, and I'd rather play I-Spy.
But You...
You take my Sarah, and make me a spiritual mother to many. You teach me to disciple and nurture.
You take my Gideon, and make me a warrior. You teach me wisdom far beyond that I've ever known.
You take my Jonah, and give me a second chance. You bring me up out of the fishes belly, to land.
You take my Martha, and say that work and order is good. You teach me to be awed by You.
You take my Peter and my Thomas, and give me a chance, not once or twice, but three times, to say, "I love you". You take my hands in Yours and let me feel the reality of You.
You are faithful. You are kind. You are good.
You are true. You are trustworthy.
You are always.

No comments:

Post a Comment