Monday, August 13, 2012

What It's About

I realize I'm writing twice in one day, but I felt like what I'm about to tell you deserved it's own space set aside.

Last week my dear friend suggested we attend the youth meeting that happens once a week. She has a passion for youth, and so do I. I long to see believers walking in the fullness of what we have been called to. Don't get me wrong, evangelism is great. But my heart, my deep burning passion, is the discipleship of youth. I was excited to go. Even more excited because the youth group from this area was going up the mountain (Mt. Carmel) to join with another youth group. There may have been a hint of nervousness since I'm still floundering at the language, but my gusto outweighed that by far.
Now, I've been to Israel a few times and have managed to meet some of the youth and talk to them. I will admit that it has been frustrating to know if I have had any impact. This is my heart we are talking about. Since the last time I was here, I had been praying for one girl in particular. I don't know why, I just couldn't shake her from my mind. I would ask my friend, periodically, to ask this girl how she was doing and to tell her that I was praying for her. I had no idea if she even remembered who I was, or if she was even receptive in finding out I had been praying for her. And then...
She was there at the youth group. I was met with such warmth. I was actually stunned, and thought it was just out of excitement of seeing someone who had once been here. But, in the quiet of worship, she approached me. I was sitting on the floor, my back against a column enjoying his presence...and maybe wrestling. Then there she was, kneeling on the floor next to me, asking if she could pray for me. What's more amazing, is she basically prayed about everything I had written in my journal the morning before...everything I had been wrestling with, everything I had been praising God for, and here she is breathing life and truth into it.
After the prayer, she began to tell me that she'd just come through a rough season. She said that somehow she knew, she could feel that someone had been praying for her. And then my friend began to relay my messages to her. She said it was so good to know that she wasn't alone during this last season. That there was someone warring for her. She said something like, "God fills me up. I am always hungry and always thirsty for him, but he always makes me full. I'm full and I still want more of Him."
We sat together a long time, hands intertwined listening to the worship music and talking ever so often about how good Yeshua is. And we left that night with a promise to get together while I'm here.

This is what it's about.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, definently. Your making a difference Sarah. For the better. Love you.
    Teresa B.

    ReplyDelete